- The main story arc from this season is centered around the Disney film Beauty and the Beast.
- The protagonist of Beauty and the Beast, Belle, will be a main character, who in this world goes by the name of Belle French.
- The "Big Bad" from this season will not be from Beauty and the Beast.
- The show will weave together bits and pieces of various stories and Disney films placed together in a darker shared universe. One such story is Frozen.
The series was ordered on September 1, 2016. Production will begin on February 15, 2017.
On March 14, 2017, Elsa from Disney's Frozen was confirmed as a character appearing in the series by executive producer Etta Schmidt. Furthermore, Schmidt announced that Frozen would be implemented into the series as another "lost story".
- Emilie de Ravin as Belle French (0/9)
- Jennifer Morrison as Emma Jane Smith (0/9)
- Sean Maguire as Robert Winn (0/9)
- Jamie Chung as Ling Mai (0/9)
- Wilson Bethel as Thomas Mills (0/9)
|#||Episode name||Directed by||Story by||Teleplay by||Original airdate|
|1||"Her Name Means Beauty"||TBA||Etta Schmidt||2017|
|2||"Beautiful Darkness"||TBA||Eleanor Davidson||2017|
- ↑ More details on new ABC series 'Storytellers' and its Beauty and the Beast plot.
- ↑ Emilie de Ravin cast once more as Belle for ABC's Storytellers
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jennifer Morrison and some others cast for 'Storytellers', new ABC fantasy drama
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ian McKellen and Billie Piper cast in 'Storytellers' roles
- ↑ Elsa from Frozen is coming to 'Storytellers'